What modifies the file "redhat-release" ?

Ernest L. Williams Jr. ernesto at ornl.gov
Sun May 23 13:48:50 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 23:51, Satish Balay wrote:
> On Sat, 22 May 2004, Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > My desktop system reports Fedora 2 after updating from rawhide prior to
> > May 18.  Cool.
> >
> > However, my laptop may have not been so lucky.  If I were to point my
> > laptop to rawhide now, I would have beyond Fedora 2, right?
> > Looks like rawhide is back to full throttle.
>
> Perhaps. You will get updated packages - don't know if there is an
> updated fedora-release pacakge which changes the name back to
> 'rawhide'
>
> > How can I get my laptop on Fedora 2 without using the ISO distro?  I
> > think the laptop is really close if not already there but redhat-release
> > still reports 1.92.
>
> point yum to FC2 (release) repository and do 'yum update' (or upgrade)
Looks like my yum.conf is totally not correct.  I have also tried
yum.conf.rpmnew
[root at matrix root]# yum update
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Base
retrygrab() failed for:
  http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-2/headers/header.info
  Executing failover method
failover: out of servers to try
Error getting file
http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-2/headers/header.info
[Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
How do I fix the above?

--
Ernest L. Williams Jr. <ernesto at ornl.gov>