Installing Oracle on FC3T3

Keith R. Evans keith-e at speakeasy.net
Mon Nov 1 12:45:38 UTC 2004

I have successfully installed Oracle 10G on FC3T3 and it runs very stable
and quick.  As far as problems, the only issue I really had was the need to
install the Xorg deprecated libraries to address issues with how Oracle
interfaces with X and motif.  I do have to let you know that I basically run
my own kernel that I have tailored specifically for running Oracle, and
applied quite a few upgrades to the glibc libraries and gcc.  So, you may
have to do some tweaking, but it is much easier to get 10G up than 9i
although I have run both on my server which is a very heavily tweaked Redhat
9 box running the 2.6 kernel.