Recognising Partitions

David Franks david.frankstrial at uicl.co.uk
Tue Nov 2 16:58:08 UTC 2004

Hi,

This is my first mail so please excuse me if I do something wrong (and
let me know so I can do it right next time).

I installed FC3T3 on my Sony Laptop and found to my delight that it
recognised the other partitions on my hard drive including Fat32 and
NTFS partitions. (I run Windows 2000 from one of them). It also mounted
the Fat32 ones for me and just identified the NTFS ones giving me a
message that they were not supported even for read only.

I have used up2date to update both kernel and software over the last
week or so (now up to kernel 649).

I have just noticed that the automatic recognition and mounting no
longer happens - though I can of course mount them manually or
automatically so long as I enter the appropriate lines in fstab.

Did this automatic facility disappear on purpose or by accident, and is
there some way I can get it to start again without having to manually
add things to fstab?

Regards,

David Franks