Atomic file change checking

Aaron Scott scott.aaron at abc.net.au
Tue Nov 2 22:33:33 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have been trauling through kernel change logs looking for information
about changes to NFS in the 2.6 kernel.  Does any one know if the 2.6
kernel does sub second checks for changes to a file that exists on an
nfs share?  I have a problem where there are a group of files that are
read several times a second.  When replacing the file, some times the
file is read half way through the write and we get a cached copy of only
part of the files.  This isn't normally a problem until you need
something like Apache to serve out html then the problem becomes
evident.

Any information any one has would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Aaron