NetworkManager Issues

Ziga Mahkovec ziga.mahkovec at klika.si
Tue Nov 2 23:24:36 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 11:52 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> NetworkManager first tries to explicitly connect to the requested AP
> with Shared Key mode, then unencrypted mode.

What about Open System mode?  NetworkManager fails to associate when my
access point is set to Open System mode, yet works fine in Shared Key
mode.  I can make Open System mode work by manually slipping in an
"iwconfig wlan0 key open".

Given that Open System authentication is believed to be more secure (or
should I say less neighbor-friendly), I think it should be supported as
well.

I use the ipw2100 driver (0.57) and NetworkManager from CVS.

--
Ziga