Network manager restart..

Bikehead bikehead at amberpoint.com
Thu Nov 4 13:37:33 UTC 2004

I can make my network manager die fairly consitently, by disconnecting
and reconnecting my wired ethernet in order to force the network manager
to switch to my internal wireless card and back.  The desktop icon
disappears and "service NetworkManger status" reports the service is
dead.  I restart it and it seems to start fine with "service
NetworkManger status" reporting the service alive.  However, I can't get
the desktop icon back.  What's the best way to do that?

--
   __o
 _-\<,_   Brian