Something very strange is happening...

Andrew cmkrnl at speakeasy.net
Fri Nov 5 14:54:36 UTC 2004

> I'm using FC3t3 which is updated daily. I'm also using the current
> kernel version.
>
> I decided to continue archiving my old collection of CDs this morning
> and as always, fired up grip. It reported that /dev/cdrom was not a
> valid device any more (it is). It also didn't like /media/cdrom as a
> device name.

It was reported yesterday that the RAWHIDE version of udev (039-8) eats /dev/cdrom.  If you are running udev-039-8 then you need to up to -10 (which did *not* come out of the build system today :-( or back to -6.

See this message

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-November/msg00096.html

Andrew