ttyUSB0 permission issue. UDev ?

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Sat Nov 6 22:02:47 UTC 2004

I've got a problem with the permissions on the serial port assigned to
my USB serial port device.  It is always root access only.

I've got regular users that need to use this device without root
intervention.  Right now the hot plug event mounts the device properly
and everything, except that the permission on it is root only.

As root I can change the permission to users and then it is perfectly
usable, but the next time the device is hot plugged the permissions are
back to root.

I am not very familiar with UDev.  Is there a way to configure it so
that certain devices get different permissions ?

Thanks.

--
Kim Lux (Mr.)  Diesel Research Inc