Re: computer menu(with system preferences etc..)

Charles R. Anderson wrote:

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 06:41:10PM +0100, alexl wrote:

hey take a look on this ubuntu screenshot http://osdir.com/screenshots/index.php?directory=gnome2.8&currentPic=8. could this feature be implemented into fedora.
it could be nice to get rid of all system specific tools.(great job ubuntu)

How is this different than the Applications->System Settings menu we have in FC3 now?

Notice they have replaced the Gnome Actions Menu with a "Computer" menu, removing a lot of setup-related stuff from the Applications oriented menu. I have been playing with ubuntu also and viewed this as a nice feature. Ubuntu has done a good job of segregating things on these two menus.

Gerry