Re: Why don't you guys like synaptic?

Kim Lux said:
> I love synaptic.  I don't understand why FC ships without it.  It might
> have a few issues with dependencies, but so does rpm !
[snip]

It seems to have to be mentioned every time, but apt isn't a packaging
system.  Apt on Fedora uses RPM to install the packages.  The issues with
apt aren't dependencies, it is the lack of multi-arch support and the fact
that yum is written in python (which is the Red Hat preferred language).

--
William Hooper