FC3 disappointment: KsCD locks system; grip; CDROM in general.

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 11 18:29:05 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 11:14 -0700, Kim Lux wrote:
> It got me a week of developing with kdevelop !  What was I supposed to
> do ?  Sit and do nothing ?  I've got a project deadline going here.

Of course you should use the tools you need to do your job. What I
actually meant to ask was why it would be better to spend time on
rolling a fixed-up release (FC3.1) instead of just letting people
install FC3 and then update using Yum/up2date. For something as fast-
moving as Fedora the release process itself is a significant time sink.

/Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University