FC3 disappointment: KsCD locks system; grip; CDROM in general.

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Thu Nov 11 18:38:19 UTC 2004

I agree that using up2date works fine, except:

a) are there issues that won't be fixed by up2date ?

b) when the issue involves the install process, like disk_druid did in
FC2.

c) people have to know to run up2date and/or have to be able to.  Ie
they need a network and a working network.  I've got some workstations
that are NOT on any network, on purpose.  I know enough to get them
updated via a temp network connection.  What about people that don't
have an internet connector or have a dial up ?

d) kernel updates need to come through up2date.  I know they do now/for
FC, but at one time they didn't.

If the problem can be fixed with up2date, it shouldn't take much to
change the packages on the ISOs and create a fc3.1 directory.

--
Kim Lux (Mr.)  Diesel Research Inc