Building rpms for FC3 ?

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Sun Nov 14 00:17:04 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 23:22 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
 (The topic was qcad...
> The package has neither been approved (with GPG signed comments) nor
> published yet. The current status of package development is not clear
> either, IMO. Could be that it needs somebody to take over the package
> development.

Andrew does a pretty good job of getting improvements out.  They have a
commercial copy of it, ie one they sell for $$$, so they probably aren't
really interested in it become mainstream.

QCAD itself if pretty stable.  There are a few little bugs, but nothing
major.  Like I said, I put about 20 hours in on it last week.  Version 2
was a big step ahead over version 1.x.  I rejected V1.x because I found
it hard to use and I couldn't understand the doc for even the simplest
operations, like deleting a line for example !  Once I figured out the
commands, it works really well.

I don't know what RH/Fedora's stance is on working with existing
development teams, but they've done a good job and continue to do so as
far as I am concerned.

> > Is that group in contact with Andrew at Ribbonsoft ?
>
> You could add yourself to above ticket and find out.

I'll do that.

> > I could sure test it for them.  I spent about 20 hours doing CAD this
> > week.  I sent 3 issues to Andrew and a number of suggestions.
>
> Sounds great. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, also in
> private mail if that is preferred.

I'll do that.  I kept

--
Kim Lux (Mr.)  Diesel Research Inc