vsftp / gftp problem

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sun Nov 14 14:48:02 UTC 2004

Hi,

Not sure which is which on this problem.

My wife and son's machines are bog standard FC2 boxes. Unless passive is
switched off, they can't connect to my main machine.

When I connect from any machine to a box using FC3 (inc. rawhide), I
keep getting messages in gftp about the server sending something illegal
called "5". Any ideas on that one? This includes if I use a rawhide box
(or FC3 vanilla box) to connect to (say) download.fedora.redhat.com

TTFN

Paul
--
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing" - Det. Sledgehammer