Re: Help Installing Oracle 10g on Fedora

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Larry D. Brown wrote:

> I am currently running FC2T2, but I will be upgrading very soon to
> FC3T3.  Either way, Oracle 10g makes a check for the Linux version
> before attempting to install a database.  I doubt the issues are very
> much beyond "...not certified for this platform," and I only want to
> install it for testing and educational purposes.   Any ideas about how
> to fool the Oracle Universal Installer into thinking it is on a
> supported platform?

There are several way to do it; edit /etc/redhat-release, if you are
installing from files rather than CDs edit Disk1/install/oraparam.ini or
try runInstaller -ignoreSysPrereqs. Also you might find FC3 just works
anyway as I don't think the installer is very clever and I suspect it
might confuse FC3 with RHEL3.

	Michael Young