Installing devel rpms with non matching user and group.

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Fri Nov 19 21:46:44 UTC 2004

Earlier today, a certain redhat developer posted a link to some rpms to
test for a bugzilla issue I am involved with.  When I try to install the
it I get warnings about the user and group not being present on my
computer.  (User is the developer, group is www.)  I can't get them to
install and I can't reach the developer.

Any ideas ?  I am using rpm -i --force xxx.rpm.  I removed the rpm that
it is replacing, but I can reinstall it if necessary.  I haven't been
able to find a --ignoreuser and/or --ignoregroup.

Thanks in advance.

--
Kim Lux (Mr.)  Diesel Research Inc