how do i create a 'repodata' folder for a local yum repository ?

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sun Nov 21 22:45:57 UTC 2004

On Saturday 20 November 2004 15:14, Matthew E. Lauterbach wrote:

> > how  do i create a 'repodata' folder and the appropiate files for a local
> > yum repository ?  Is there a howto somewhere ?

> How to build a custom Yum Repository in FC3:
> http://fedoranews.org/contributors/richard_flude/repo/

Thanks, that was helpful.

But what I would really like to do is _save_ rpms
when I run "yum update" (or something similar) on my desktop,
with the idea that when I run yum update on other machines on my home LAN
it will look first in the destop repository.

Is that possible?

As far as I could see, in the examples I saw
an entire repository was set up by mirroring
one of the standard update repositories,
which might make sense if one has 100 machines to update,
but I'm not sure if it is appropriate if one has 3 or 4.

I didn't see any yum option to save rpms rather than install them,
as there used to be with Redhat up2date.
Did I overlook something?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366