OOO not auto-saving by default

Sean Bruno sean.bruno at dsl-only.net
Mon Nov 22 04:27:44 UTC 2004

I think this should be posted on the fedora-users list, but I thought I
would throw it here as well.

It appears that OOO doesn't have auto-save turned on by default.  I just
ran into this with my spouse, who is not very tech savy.  She has never
experienced(until now) the loss of a document do to a tech glitch or
other oddities of computers.

I "assumed" that this auto-save feature would be turned on, I would be
incorrect...  :)

I enjoy letting my better-half poke around with Linux as it gives me a
better perspective on what works and more importantly what does not.

Anyway, fair warning to all OOO users, turn on your auto-save now,
before it's too late!

Sean Bruno