livecd using fedora core 3 with kde3.3.1, gnome 2.8 etc

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 29 23:12:23 UTC 2004

>> I'm very interested in this. I wanted to make a fedora 2 live cd for a
>> few months now. The problem is, there is no proper documentation and all
>> the scripts for making live cd's are buggy or not working. How did you
>> do it? Any good documentation?
>
>Well... 'good docu' for the livecd build-process ...  that`s a very critical
>point yet :)

Right. Dirk's packages are pretty easy to use. I've used them for 4 or 5 months
to create my own stripped down version of Fedora Core 3. I have some plans to
integrate an earlier version of the scripts with the Rookery Build System so that
you can go from srpm repository all the way to Live CD. I do it now regularly,
but need to do some more testing before releasing.

If you are interested in showing your friends Fedora Core to convince them to try
Linux without installing it, Dirk's system works well.

-Steve Grubb