Problems with Burning

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Tue Nov 30 08:46:29 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 21:22 -0900, Josh Philbin wrote:
> Hi there dunno if this is where I should be posting this problem. I
> just burned FC3 to CD my disk 1 and 3 do not work. Tried to burn again
> and same thing. I am using sony media 700MB and a Sony CD writer.
> WinXP and Alcohol 120%. I ran the checksums and all the ISOs checked
> out. Any ideas or help would be apprciated. Thanks
>
> Josh

	What do you mean that disks 1 & 3 do not work?  What iso files did you
use?

	The binary fedora .iso files have a name FC3-i386-disc1.iso or disk 2
etc. make sure you are not using the iso with SRPM in the name as those
are source files which need to be compiled.

	The most common error that people make burning iso's is not burning the
image, but the file.  To see which you've done, put the disk in the
drive and open it. if the disk contains only 1 file named FC3-i386-
disc1.iso (or whichever disc) then it was burned as a file.  I am not
familiar with Alcohol 120%, but there should be an option somewhere.
You might also try right-clicking the .iso icon. nero and roxxio both
put an item in this menu to burn iso images, maybe Alcohol does too.

Scott