[bugweek] Synaptics testing

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 1 11:12:32 UTC 2004

Paul Nasrat wrote:
> The synaptics changes to rhpl have been merged since 0.146-1, I've not
> had any reports on how it's been recieved.
>
> If anyone has a laptop with Synaptics touchpad (grep
> Synaptics /proc/bus/input/devices), and done an install this week I'd be
> grateful to here if it's all working OK.
>
> Discuss here or on #fedora-bugweek (nasrat).
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

I still have psmouse.proto=imps in the grub.conf file. Tapping and the
scrollbar work with this command.

I have synaptics-0.13.5-5 installed, but don't know how to setup
xorg.conf manually. A previous attempt configuring made X not startup.

grep Synaptics /proc/bus/input/devices
N: Name="ImPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"

xorg.conf attached

Jim

--
You had mail, but the super-user read it, and deleted it!