[bugweek] Synaptics testing

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 2 01:29:28 UTC 2004

D. Stolte wrote:
> yes, i also found this missing part. it is working now.
>
> /ds
>
> Paul Nasrat wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 15:20 +0200, D. Stolte wrote:
>>

>>> Versuche mit Karte: ATI Rage Mobility
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/usr/share/system-config-display/xconf.py", line 329, in ?
>>>     mouse = rhpl.mouse.Mouse()
>>> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'mouse'
>>

>> can you add
>>
>> import rhpl.mouse
>>
>> To /usr/share/system-config/display/xconf.py below the rhpl.keyboard
>> import, and retry.
>>
>> Paul

After adding the line above to xcong.py as suggested and running the
s-c-display --reconfig, I was able to successfully generate a working
xorg.conf file. This is without  psmouse.proto=imps added to grub.conf.
The tapping and scrolling work similar as before w/ the option in
grub.conf. The rawhide synaptics rpm was downloaded when this was
running fc2. synaptics-0.13.5-5

Attached is the s-c-display generated xorg.conf file.

Jim

--
You had mail, but the super-user read it, and deleted it!