yum 2.1.4-1 broken?

Cokey de Percin fdepercin at sc.rr.com
Sun Oct 3 00:59:01 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 15:05, Jon Savage wrote:
> >   Here's another data point for you.  Since this problem started (I
> > don't know, maybe 5 days ago?), I've started to use lftp's mirror
> > command to mirror everything under
> > ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/linux/fedora/core/development/i386
> > with the exception of *debuginfo*.rpm.  When I change my yum.conf to
> > point to my local repo, everything works as it should.  Weird.
> Here's another bit of information that may be useful- once I'd done
> the silent exit routine 3 times, getting one of the three headers that
> I'd excluded when I updated the system this am via up2date the
> application *did* run as expected and complained about missing deps.
> Man I'd hate to have to run yum 50 times to be able to actually update
> the 51st time around ;).
> --
> Bests,
> Jon

I'm having the same problem on C3t2 fresh install and when I got tired
of getting 1 header every time I ran yum, I wrote an endless loop script
that ran yum and displayed date/time and a counter on each loop.  What I
found was that _most_ of the time 1 header was returned each time yum
was run; maybe one in 20 or so returned more.  Once all the headers were
down, the rest ran almost as advertised; just a seg fault or two.  And
yes I'm running Ver 2.1.4-1.

Cokey

F. 'Cokey' de Percin, DBA       Email:
CSC                              Work - cdeperci at csc.com