Login oddity

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sun Oct 3 15:54:51 UTC 2004

Hi,

If I reboot and login, I get the original fc3t2 black with funny smokey
stripes desktop and lots of complaints of panel applets which have
failed. I am unable to logout via the redhat menu and have to do it with
ctrl alt backspace. Next time I login, everything is fine.

If have deleted myself and added myself with s-c-users as that sometimes
does the trick. It didn't.

When I installed FC3t2, I had one HD in. I then added my old drive with
the /home directories, altered fstab and rebooted. It looks like there
is a conflict between the /home on /dev/hda2 and the one on the other
drive.

Is there a simple way to cure the problem?

TTFN

Paul
--
Homer: Donut?
Lisa: No, thanks. Do you have any fruit?