Yum error

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 21:14:27 UTC 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 17:00:49 -0400, Gord McLeod <mcleodg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Once I get it working well enough to do that, I will. Thanks! I know
> there are other update utilities as well, so I'll try those if I can't
> get yum itself functioning well enough to upgrade itself.

what you are seeing is a problem with the server you are communicating
not giving you a complete download. The newer yum versions check to
make sure the file is complete before using it to prevent. I STRONGLY
suggest you configure a mirror to use that carries the development
branch, the default server is heavily loaded and will continue to be a
poor performer.  But in the mean time... use a web browser or an ftp
client and download the yum available in the development branch and
install with rpm on the commandline.

-jef