production usage of test releases. (was abandoning FC3-T2)

Jon Savage jonathansavage at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 23:46:53 UTC 2004

> So far, 1 got crushed on yum, so I've disabled updates service on the
> remaining 4, I say this was a solid test release, and quite stable,
> this was the 4th day running FC3T2, my only complain on FC2 (two) and
I prefer *not* to enable the nightly yum update feature on test
releases, call me crazy but I prefer to read the rawhide reports & see
a little list traffic prior to blindly upgrading  to
whatevertheheckeatsbabiestoday(tm). The nightly update feature is neat
for stable releases as far as workstations is concerned, dunno if I'd
*ever* put it on a server though.

--
Bests,
Jon