[bugweek] Synaptics testing

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 8 03:25:07 UTC 2004

John Richardson wrote:
> Latest rawhide again, but it's still not finding the touchpad.  Should I
> open a bug about this, or am I missing something?
>
> John
>

> On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 22:16 -0400, John Richardson wrote:
>
>>I updated to the newest rawhide (which seems to have the mouse import
>>fix).  But running "system-config-display --reconfig" doesn't generate
>>any synaptics modules.  A diff of the original xorg.conf with the newly
>>generated shows no differences.
>>
>>The output you've requested is below.
>>
>>John

I take it that you downloaded and installed the synaptics rpm from
rawhide. Is this true?

I don't know if s-c-display does not try to configure the mouse, if the
synaptics rpm is installed or not. I assume that it  would not try to
add the driver, if synaptics is not installed.

s-c-display worked for me to configure the driver, but failed for some
apm interference and I am using acpi.
I went back to adding the  psmouse.proto=imps option within the
grub.conf file. Are you still or have you ever used the
psmouse.proto=imps option in the boot stanza?

I ran the s-c-display while booted up w/o  psmouse.proto=imps added. If
it is being used in grub.conf, this might be causing the problem.

If none of those situations apply, a bug report hunt/submittal might be
worthwhile.

Jim
--
"If I have trouble installing Linux, something is wrong. Very wrong."

	- Linus Torvalds