MySQL 4

Stephen J. Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 16:48:30 UTC 2004

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 12:11:39 +0200, Thomas Zehetbauer
<thomasz at hostmaster.org> wrote:
> On Mit, 2004-10-06 at 19:37 -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> > I take it you think the more permissive LGPL shouldn't exist and
> > should never be used?
>
> Indeed, the LGPL allows commercial closed source applications to benefit
> from open source applications without the obligation to contribute
> anything to the open source community.
>
> > Sigh, you aren't qualified to intelligently debate the finer points of
> > the FOSS exception.
>
> And I doubt you are.

To cut this long 'intellectual' conversation to its close... someone
please say 'Your momma' and then someone say 'I'm rubber, your
glue...' and we can be right back in line with the other school yard
arguments.

> > Shouldn't you take solace in the fact that the right people at Red Hat
> > is engaged on the legal issues so that the legal specifics get worked
> > out to everyone's  satification.
>
> RedHat has yet failed to argue the specific issues they have with MySQL
> being GPL licensed.

Why should they try. It is clear that any argument given would not
meet your 'high' standards that all code must be GPL or not used. [Or
that is the impression you have given in this long schoolyard rant.]

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
Professional System Administrator