Nautilus has gone gaga

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 18:57:39 UTC 2004

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:47:08 -0700, Tom London <selinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> [I ran 'rpm -ivh --force libbonobo-*-2.8.0-2.i386.rpm', and previously
> 'rpm -ivh --force GConf2-2.8.0.1-1.i386.rpm'.]
Before you do a force reinstall of a package please can you try a
couple of things:
1)rpm -q packagename  and make sure there aren't unexpected duplicates
of a package installed. Having duplicates installed when you dont
expect them to be can be indictive of other package update problems.

2) can you do an rpm -V package on the package to verify that the
files on disk are as expected. rpm -V should return nothing for most
packages, and at most should show you the configuration files you have
editted by hand. but if rpm -V output shows things that are clearly
not configuration files, or shows a long list of files thats another
indication that the upgrade process didnt work as expected.

-jef