Savage/DRI and Fedora

Alexandre Strube surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Tue Oct 12 13:41:46 UTC 2004

Hello people,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask it, but anyway.

The default savage driver from Fedora 1, 2 and 3test 1 does not include
DRI acceleration. I suppose other low-end cards does the same, as well
as nvidia ones.

I am aware of closed-source issues on nvidia, but why those cards who
already have a open source 3d driver cannot come included?

I use the dri.sourceforge.net drivers for several savage boards I have,
since redhat 9, without any glitches but compiling it again at each
kernel upgrade. It works like a rock. The main machine has a average
uptime of 25 days (It only reboots when electricity fails), so stability
is not a issue, at least for me.

So why is that? I have to ask this somewhere else (like kernel-list, or
xorg's list so when it is part of the right package, it will be part of
fedora?) or this can be a 'plus' in fedora?

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group