Fedora Core 3 Test 3 available

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Tue Oct 12 23:20:29 UTC 2004

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 09:13:56AM +1000, Michael Mansour wrote:
> I haven't done PXE stuff before so if it does, is
> there a process to follow? I have a DHCP server and
> can setup a tftp server, but is there a mini HOWTO or
> similar around that would briefly describe the
> process?

install tftp package
mount -o loop dvd.iso /somewhere
make /somewhere nfs exported
cp the initrd and bzImage from the images/pxe directory along with pxelinux.0
install dhcp server
Add the following to the usual DHCP gunk

	next-server my.tftp.server.addr;
	filename "/pxelinux.0"

PXElinux is part of syslinux and covered in the docs there, it works much like
syslinux but over tftp