Option for installing Mozilla ?

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 13 00:04:01 UTC 2004

DAVID BENTLEY wrote:
> Just about to install test 3 even though on the
> selected hardware disks 2-4 plus the rescue cd fail
> the media check (they pass alright on another box with
> a SCSI cd reader) I understand this is an IDE problem
> with various hardware and is already has a bug report
> from the test 2 phase.
>
> Anyway on to the subject why is there no option to
> pick Mozilla given that you can pick Epifany or
> Firefox as your choice of web browser.
>
> I know it can be installed after the initial install
> using yum or up2date but why make it so dificult.

Same problem here with 2-4 and rescue CD failing the mediacheck. I used
the discs to install on three different computers and only had one error
regarding CD 3 and a file being corrupted. I burned another set because
of the media failure and inserted the duplicate to get past that error.

Ditto on the not having mozilla available for a choice through the
installer. Choosing this application during initial installation should
be obtainable.

Besides the overwriting problem of recent days, it is worthy of at least
selection.

Jim

--
"If I have trouble installing Linux, something is wrong. Very wrong."

	- Linus Torvalds