Failed upgrade FC3 (t2 > t3)

Tom Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Wed Oct 13 09:40:51 UTC 2004

Hi All:

Well, I decided to try upgrading from FC3t2 to FC3t3 today (umm, yesterday).
Ran into an error during the upgrade of mailman from DVD.

I wanted to test an upgrade first and then do a full install to see how the
results compare.

Downloaded the DVD iso from rawhide.  Haven't done an MD5SUM on it yet since I
saw in some of the messages that there was a problem with that.  Anyway,
burned the DVD with growisofs and everything seemed fine.  Booted okay and
began the upgrade.  Image copied to hard drive okay.  Then went to get
something in the garage and came back to the error message about mailman
problem upgrading and rebooted.

Now I have an INTERESTING situation.  When I boot normally (without DVD), I
still get my original grub startup with kernel 603 ((I'd previously upgraded
that).  Everything came up okay but the login shows FC3T3 but not all
programs have been upgraded.

Also, I had already upgraded KDE to 3.3 previously and that is still (?) there
but some items (menus and panel) have changed.  Will have to find out if this
is from FC3T3 loading a new KDE3.3 or what.

Does someone out there have a valid MD5SUM for the DVD?  If so, would you
please send me a copy of it.

Thanks, Tom
--
Tom Taylor
registered linux user #263467

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful - and so are we,"
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our
people - and neither do we." - George W. Bush, Aug 2004