Cups printing to networked print server still not working

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Wed Oct 13 21:35:11 UTC 2004

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 04:06:01PM -0500, Jerone Young wrote:
> I'm also having the same problem...I have a printserver hosting LPD
> and it cannot reach it. We've got another bug.

Which version of cups is that?  I have here cups-1.1.22-0.rc1.1 on
x86_64, which I installed yesterday, and also a printer on a remote
with lpd.  I had my share of "fun" with cups but this time it
prints.  I just tried.

Well, lpq and lprm are thorougly broken (#90619 before anybody
will ask :-) but this seems to be a "feature" of cups.

     Michal