Updated to FC2 from Redhat 9.0 and now I do not have POP service

Durwin durwin at thedelarues.com
Thu Oct 14 01:17:35 UTC 2004

> Am Do, den 14.10.2004 schrieb TheCajun um 2:18:
>
> > I need help.  Everything was working under Redhat 9.0.  I used fetchmail
> > to get mail from ISP, procmail to parse it out to user mail boxes.  Then
> > we would use Windows mail client to get the mail off linux machine.
> > After the update I discovered I lost my pop server and a bit of research
> > said to use Cyrus.  I found out how to start it then started getting
> > authentication errors from Windows mail clients.  I can't find out how
> > to tell Cyrus to authenticate with already existing users.
>
> Wrong list. You should ask stable Fedora Core release questions on
> fedora-list at redhat.com.

Sorry.  So much for stable.  To me that means it should work out of the
box.

> To point you into the right direction though: remove the Cyrus-IMAPd and
> install dovecot. It is more similar to former uw-imapd. Edit it's
> /etc/dovecot.conf then.

Thanks.  That did the trick.  Installed Dove, a little trial and error
on configuration and I am up again.

I was too upset to look closely for a more appropriate group.  Thank you
again for your response.

Durwin

--
TheCajun <thecajun at nmia.com>