Volume settings not being saved on reboot

Jerone Young jerone at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 05:52:02 UTC 2004

When I reboot my machine my PCM volume settings are not being saved
(ultimately meaning that I can't hear anything) only the Master
Control setting. The OSS Mixer has PCM set to 0, while the ALSA has it
to 0 & mute (I'm referring to the Gnome Volume Control) ? I have to
reset these every time now. I'm running FC3 X86_64. This was a problem
during FC 2 testing as well, but was fixed by the time FC2 was
released. Now it's right back broken. My modprobe.conf has the correct
lines for the alsactl store and save so maybe the alsa utils that are
at fault?

modprobe.conf snip:
alias snd-card-0 snd-via82xx
options snd-card-0 index=0
install snd-via82xx /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-via82xx &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-via82xx { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-via82xx