Installing the " ç " in the U.S International Keyboard in Fedora Core 3

romildo at uber.com.br romildo at uber.com.br
Sat Oct 16 09:49:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 11:20:59PM -0400, Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:

>      I am writing to ask if the use of the cedilla in the U.S International
> Keyboard setting will ever be repaired with the upcoming final version of
> Fedora Core 3?

I do not think so. This has alread been discussed when the
change happened. As there are languages with the "C with
acute accent" character, it looked more natural to bind the
<'> <C> sequence to it in th us_intl keyboard map in X11.

> I have used past versions of both Fedora and Red Hat and for
> some reason, the use of the cedilla "ç" in these versions has not been taken
> care of.  Or am I mistaken?  When hitting the single quote symbol and then
> the letter "c", you only get an accute accent over the letter "c" .    Will
> this bug be corrected?  If so, please let me know.

With the us_intl keyboard map, one can get the "C with cedilla"
(Ç) by holding the <AltGr> key (which is the right <Alt> key in
my keyboard) and type the comma key (<,>) followed by the key
<C>. That would produce Ç.

This works for me with LANG set to "en_US.ISO8859-1".

Romildo