CD not found when trying to add apps in FC3 Test 3

Brian Craft javaman67 at acd.net
Sun Oct 17 00:54:48 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 09:27 -0400, Brian Craft wrote:
> This may or may not be a known issue........but when I run the
> Add/Remove Applications app from the Gnome Menu/System Settings in FC3
> Test 3, I select the apps I want to add and it asks for CD2.  I put the
> CD in and click OK, but it error's out saying it can't find the CD.
>
> Now I can click on the Desktop icon on my desktop and view the contents
> of the CD just fine.  It appears to be a problem with the System-Config-
> Packages  utility.......or something along that line.
>
> Anyone else have this problem.........?
>
> btw......I just updated to the latest System-Config-Packages and it
> didn't help.
>
> Brian

I finally got it to work.......I listened for the CD to spin-up and
after the CD was spinning at full speed for about 2 seconds, I hit OK
and it worked.  It seemed to be very picky, with little tolerance as to
the timing of when you click OK when prompted to insert a CD.

Thanks for all the help.

--
Brian Craft

Yahoo Instant Messenger ID: bcraft67