FC3 and Nvidia...

Bikehead bikehead at amberpoint.com
Tue Oct 19 23:05:17 UTC 2004

I have been having slow performance on neverwinter nights.  After
following some suggestions on this news group I looked at the linked
libraries in the system trying to find non-nvidia version of libGL.so.
Sure enough I found some in /usr/X11R6/libGL.so.1.2 which is owned by
xor-x11-Mesa-libGL.

I tried removing the package, but it is required by too many other
packages.  I tried moving the library and linking to
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1.0.611 which is the nvidia version, but that crashed
X.  Does anyone have some other suggestions?  I know others have claimed
to have gotten games to work under FC3.

Thanks for all the help...

--
   __o