Yum Feature

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Wed Oct 20 06:01:12 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 01:01 -0400, TGS wrote:
> Hey, I wanted to pass along a feature request, or enhancement. I am not sure
> if you could add in percent a overall complete of the packages that are to
> be downloaded.

Do you mean something along the lines of:

Downloading Packages:
gcc-java-3.4.2-6.i386.rpm 100% |=== ========| 1.8 MB    00:07 1/139
bind-utils-9.2.4-2.i386.r 100% |=== ========| 137 kB    00:01 2/139
netpbm-progs-10.25-2.i386 100% |==== =======| 1.6 MB    00:08 3/139

similar to the actual updating process:
Updating: libgcc 100 % done 1/139
Updating: redhat-menus 100 % done 2/139
Updating: redhat-artwork 100 % done 3/139

If so, the place to make this request is an enhancement bug filed
against yum in bugzilla.redhat.com, that way the developer can keep
track of it (I'll file that for you if you cannot or prefer not to, just
say so).

--
Andrew Farris (lordmorgul) <andrew at andrewfarris.com>
- CPE student, Cal Poly SLO, pgp keyid 4430F405 pgp.mit.edu