yum version 2.1.9-1

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Wed Oct 20 17:13:13 UTC 2004

[mailto:fedora-test-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of seth vidal
>> Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 10:38 AM
>>
>> > PS: I've missed the last developments of yum, but I thought
>> > the point of metadata was to avoid the headers?
>>
>> Yes, it is  - it is to avoid downloading ALL The headers.
>>
>> You're only downloading the headers of the packages that are
>> having some action done to them by the transaction set.

I'm happy to have a yum that doesn't bomb out and would even settle for one
that was slow ;-)

Anyway, two items (and actually, I'm using 2.1.10-1):

First, I'm getting the following error for all packages I try to update:
Downloading Packages:
warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 30c9ecf8
public key not available for
//var/cache/yum/development/packages/cups-1.1.22-0.rc1.5.i386.rpm
public key not available for
//var/cache/yum/development/packages/cups-libs-1.1.22-0.rc1.5.i386.rpm

What am I suppose to do here?

Second, every yum run now seems to load something from somewhere that takes
a significant amount of time.  The lines look like:

MD Read   : ##...#### 3430/3430
Developmen: ##...#### 3430/3430

what is being read there?  Is it not something that can be stored somewhere
so this doesn't take so long?  This is simple curiosity.  If yum works, I'm
not particularly upset about it taking an extra five minutes to read
something.  Just seems odd.

--
Henry