latest xorg update problems

Nave, Ronald NaveR at fidelitytech.com
Thu Oct 21 16:52:10 UTC 2004

I just finished updating two computers with the final pre-release patches
for  FC3-T3

The single process P3  was updated using yum and is running OK.

However, I also updated a dual xeon from  FC3-Test1 to FC3-Test3 using the
iso disks,

and then copied all of the rpm files to a cd from the single processor
machine and used them
to update the dual -xeon which is not connected to the network.

The dual xeon update went smoothly until I updated  all the xorg X windows
files
to  version  6.8.1-10

After that X refused to run and issued  a signal 11 error.

I tried both the nvidia driver and the nv driver , but X would not run with
either video drivers.

Finally I used  rpm -ivh  --force   to   re-install the  xorg version
6.8.1-8
which was released about a week earlier.

After the older version of X was installed ,  the system started to work
again.
I am upgrading a third single process system now and will find out if it has
the same problem.