Problem with Rawhide Kernels > 610

G. Vincent Castellano gvc at ocsystems.com
Fri Oct 22 22:19:12 UTC 2004

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 16:53 -0400, G. Vincent Castellano wrote:
>
>>My T23 hangs at random places during the boot process if I boot with kernel
>>2.6.9-1.640.
>

> Mine works very well. Type 2647-5NU, P3-1200, 512MB, 40GB,
> 14.1"@1400x1050, S3 Savage/IX w/8MB, 10/100 Ethernet, Intersil Prism 2.5
> Wavelan 802.11b card, combo DVD-ROM/CD-RW. What hardware are you
> running?

Virtually identical.  The video card probe reports 16 MB, the model is 2647-5MU,
and the wireless card is an SMC2632W with the orinoco_cs driver (worked better
for me than prism2_cs).

The big variable is that this is an upgrade from RH9 (by way of FC3T2), so I'm
not sure how much flaky stuff I'm willing to track down, unless the consensus is
that's not the likely cause.  I guess I should pull the wireless card and see if
it behaves any better.
--gvc