Experience with acpi

Amitabha Roy royab at bc.edu
Sun Oct 24 03:58:40 UTC 2004

I do the "resume from suspend" using the power button.

there are two ways that the attached script works

1) this is the way I use it most of the time, hence a little more
tested.  I actually run sudo /etc/acpi/actions/suspend_to_ram.sh form a
console.
This way, the laptop goes into suspend state. When I open the lid at a
later point, I have to press the power key to bring it up.

2) just close the lid on a working laptop. It goes into suspend like it
should. When I open the lid, the event triggers a resume.

IMHO, the shutdown mode is purely because acpid misinterprets the single
sent to it when you press resume or open the lid.
That is why I kill acpid before I go into suspend.  Because on coming
back, acpid will interpret the power button
as a signal to shutdown (normally it is, but times are different now).

When my laptop resumes from a shutdown mode, it does not have acpid
running as a result and the apm module is loaded
by default. I get the bogus "No battery" warning.