USB PERMISSIONS

David McCormick dvdbtty at netscape.net
Mon Oct 25 00:05:03 UTC 2004

You are correct. I disabled SELinux and it worked fine. Now all I have
to do every time I want to back up files is disable SELinux reboot, copy
the files, enable SELinux, and reboot. Not very effective.  I have been
using Linux for 10 years now but when my son in law asked about using it
for his work I had to tell him that I couldn't recommend it  for any
really serious  use unless he wanted to  spend a great deal of time
doing work arounds.  I don't mind doing them but we loose a lot of
potential converts with this sort of problem going unfixed. I am
learning C++ so that I can work on drivers for several pieces of
hardware that I have so that I can  try to get them to work in Linux but
I have to say that most people don't have the time to spend doing this
sort of thing. I like to see advances made but only if they don't create
new problems for users. Before you tell me this is a test system and to
expect problems I have to say I know that but where is the plane
vanilla  works out of the  box Red Hat  that I used to get that Rob and
others can use and get to like?

Dave