install corrupts existing ext3 multi-boot partitions

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Oct 25 04:58:38 UTC 2004

Hi Johm

On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 20:56 -0700, John Reiser wrote:
> The cause might be that install causes all existing ext3 filesystems
> get the new attribute ext_attr, and older kernels have bugs interpreting
> this.  This seems to happen even for filesystems that were omitted from
> the mount list when DiskDruid was run during install of FC3test3.  "Auto
> management" of /media/idediskN might be a reason why.

Reading this thread

 http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-September/msg00451.html

it seems to me that it is a bug that mount points in /media gets
relabeled at all. I'm not sure this is something that can be fixed up by
putting in a mount option? In case it is, I think we should seriously
consider using that mount option per default.

David