FC3rc1 disk one small

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Oct 26 21:19:16 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 13:26, Justin Conover wrote:
>I just recommend using "wget"
>
>wget -c url-to-iso

Thanks.

>downloading large files (iso) from a browser doesn't work all that
> great.

As I've found, problems seem to be rampant when the src box is fast
enough to fill the pipes, not a normal condition when accessing a
redhat server.  Slower sites that stumble enough to let the pipes
flush seem to do better in that regard.  I have no such problems that
I'm aware of when using gftp, which is why it seems odd that I cannot
use it against that particular site.  I had to go get the SRPMS
disk4, 5 times before the md5sum was good.  To my frugal mind, thats
a waste of bandwidth for everyone concerned.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)