Netapplet

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed Oct 27 00:01:08 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 11:02 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> What connection information do you wish to configure?  Do you use static
> IP addresses for any of your interfaces?  The point of NetworkManager is
> that you shouldn't _have_ to configure anything.

So I go somewhere and connect. And they don't broadcast a SSID, or
require WEP, or don't have DHCP and I need static... if I don't have to
(or am able to) configure stuff in NetworkManager, where is it going to
get done then?

> How do you mean?  When you only have a wired connection (no wireless
> card plugged in), the applet will hide itself (somewhat debatable, I
> think it should show all the time)

It should *definitely* show up all the time unless told not to do so.
You can make the "hide if unnecessary" an option if you like, but please
make that an option and not the *only* choice.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>