Reiserfs question

Alexandre Strube surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Wed Oct 27 14:45:14 UTC 2004

Em Qua, 2004-10-27 às 12:16, Kyrre Ness Sjobak escreveu:
> What does that do to NFS? How does NFS handle a lot of small files?

NFS is not related with this. Reiser and Ext3 are local file systems,
while nfs stands for "network file system". It is used for mapping
remote directories (or mount points, whatever), which is similar (sort
of) with windows using its netbios protocol. As you know, you can mount
a remote directory with windows no matter the remote machine has ntfs,
fat32, fat16 or even a linux with ext3 or reiser or anything.

The same applies to nfs. It does not matter your local filesystem, nor
the remote filesystem. You can use reiserfs on your machine and mount,
for instance, a HPFS filesystem from a remote machine using NFS.