RC1?

Mark Haney mhaney at interactsys.com
Wed Oct 27 17:32:31 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 12:57, Elliot Lee wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Mark Haney wrote:
>
> > Okay where'd RC1 come from?  I think I missed that memo.  Is it just
> > another name for T3?
>
> The release candidate trees are trees that are candidates to be released
> as FC3. I make them available in the interests of keeping you all involved
> during the final stages of this FC3 release cycle.
>
> RC[12] are not "official" milestone releases in the same sense as
> test1/test2/test3/final - the RC labels are just labels, which I use so
> that we have a common language to use when talking about various trees.
>
> Cheers,
> -- Elliot

Oooh!  Okay.  I'm cool with that.  I just wasn't sure where that came
from since I've been a loyal Fedora user since the pre-FC1 days and
never heard that verbage used on the lists before.  Thanks for
clarifying.  I think RC releases are fine as 'official' or 'unofficial',
it just got me confused.  Lord knows I don't need any help with that. :)

Mark Haney
Network Administrator
InterAct Public Safety Systems
mhaney at interactsys.com
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) Kernel: 2.6.8-1.521 GNU/Linux